Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tom Petters

It's weird to know someone who is such a nice and generous guy and then find out a few years later that he has been cheating local charities and organizations. In the Star Tribune online for the past few days I've been keeping up with the whole Tom Petters fraud case. I've read most of the articles written. The reason why is my mom had his daughter in her Wednesday night church small group for 4 years, so my mom new him pretty well. I met him a few times and he was super nice. I also went to his daughters graduation party and it was one of the coolest ones I had been to. I also went to his son's funeral when he was stabbed about a couple years ago. It is really terrible what he has done to all these companies. Even local ministers and non-profit organizations are joining together in the law suits. This whole scam will go down as one of the biggest ones ever.

link: http://www.startribune.com/business/30825454.html?elr=KArksUUUU

1 comment:

Teacher: Mrs. Jarrett said...

You're reading an interesting assortment of newspaper articles! Can you link the online version of the article to your blog post? That would be ideal so a reader could go back and read the same piece that you read. You've done a good job of keeping up with the blog assignment.