Sunday, February 8, 2009

Different Cultures

Its weird how this blog for today goes well with what I learned at Church. Well actually it kind of doesnt but it kind of does in a sense. Anywho in Church today the lesson I taught to 2nd and 3rd graders was about treating people fairly and helping those who are different then you. So I guess it kind of goes with this article. In this article I read its about people who harvest rice in Ronkh, Senegal.(sorry I don't know why this is underlining but I can't figure out how to undo it) It talks about how many west african farmers converted acreage to produce rice. They did this because food prices have risen over the last year or so. This is very different then are culture because we have land that is meant to do this. People don't deciede to grow crops on their properties nowadays. They use the land to build houses and excess things like pools and stuff. It would be very hard to live in a place like Africa where they are very poor in some places of it. The poorest place in Africa doesn't even compare to the poorest place in the US.

No comments: