Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tough Season For The Pioneers

The Hill Murray Pioneers were headed in the right direction this year. They were aiming for being the defending Boys Hockey AA State Champions, good luck now. 4 of their top players early this month were kicked off the team by their coach for doing drugs, the comisoner said they would only miss 2 weeks but the coach sent them on their way. The pioneers star freshman, who also lives in Edina, Duke Pieper is suffering from a brain tumor. I don't know Duke that well but I have helped run hockey clinics that his younger sister goes to. It's really sad to hear about his tumor. I remeber when I was in 7th grade he was on Edina Pee Wee A as a first year and halfway into the season he had to stop playing because he had bleeding in his brain, its terrible that it came back. My good friend friend is dating him and she was telling me how he had been complaining about his vision and thats when he went it. Its so terrible. The other boys though who are out, thats just pure stupidity. My mom always says, "when you play with fire you can't cry when you get burned.

The article is called Hill Murray figure to struggle the rest of the season, but dont blame coach Bill Lechner for his decision. I read this on Star Tribune. com

No comments: