Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Murder Mysterys

People often ask me, what is your favorite type of mystery? My response: "A murder mystery, easily." Why? Well theres nothing like sitting on the couch on a rainy day and finding a good murder mystery book that keeps you so hooked that you can't put it down until you solve the mystery. I think I just found the perfect book. I am 40 pages into and someone has already been murdered. Whats to come next? All I can say is that I would never guess for my Grandpa to be such a good writer. In this blog I'm going to make some connections to my life/family life. So the main characters name is Jim? That is my grandpas name. The whole idea of the book being revolved around golf? My grandpas favorite sport, next to baseball of course. In the book he goes to some resteraunt named like Quinlans Bar or something. Thats his dogs name. Also in the book him and his girlfriend Jennifer have been dating a long time but aren't married. My grandpa has been dating Kathy since I was born but they are not married. Also Jennifer often talks about how Jim and Napolean, Jim's dog, are so close that he would basically do anything for it. That is extremely true about my grandpa and his dog. Jim lives in Detriot in the book, when my grandpa wrote this that was where he lived. He also goes out to visit his dad in Florida, which he says is his favorite place. That is where my grandpa currently lives. Its almost funny when I read some of this because I can just see my grandpa writing this out. Its amazing how his writing is alot similiar to how he is as a person. And how the main character is so similar to him.

No comments: