Thursday, September 11, 2008

Musical

Music is something that does not run in my family. Both of my parents adore listening to music on the radio and singing along but other then that they had no musical knowledge. If it weren't for my great grandma Ginny, I would be in the same place as my parents. She was an amazing pianist, when i was about 5 years old she taught me how to play my first song, Silent Night, on the piano. After years of listening to her play she inspired me to start taking lessons in first grade. In third grade she passed away. I still continued to take lessons, but by that time is discovered something new I wanted to learn, the guitar. I made an agreement with my mom that after my 5th year of piano, at the beginning of 6th grade I could start learning that. I picked it up very quickly and now after a short year of lessons, I am still playing. I now write my own songs on both of them and lyrics I can sing to them with. Last year at my middle schools singer's concert i sang one of my songs. Music is something i love and cherish very much and my friends and family definitely see that in me. The way they see me and I see myself is, musical.

4 comments:

molly b said...

ohhh fo sho! you're amazing christie brauer. i want to be you. and FYI *NSYNC deserves to be on your blog...not backstreet boys. i mean they even have a star in their name. who doesnt like that?

hip-hop dancer25 said...

i love music too. i saw you at the pops concert last year and you were really good.

ALLIE said...

christie you are an AMAZINGGGGG singer and guitarist!

Christina said...

Chrisie this sounds just like who you are and is written very well.